Welcome! It’s the goal of the Worship Ministry to serve with humility, integrity, and excellence before God and the church. No matter the gift and the situation, each group seeks to adore God, encouraging a heart of worship in all ages. We seek to proclaim the good news of Christ and teach about the worship of God in a variety of art forms, including music, visual art, drama, and writing.
The expression of worship, whether alone or surrounded by hundreds of people, is basically the same. Worship is our loving response to God’s love to us, revealed to us in Christ. Let’s look at each of the ways we are to worship God:
- With all your heart… Heart worship is choosing to yield our will to God, to stay focused on God.
- With all your soul… Soul worship is yielding our emotions to God, to focus our emotions on God.
- With all your mind… Mind worship is employing reason and understanding to study about God.
- With all your strength… Strength worship is using the physical body to show reverence to God.
- Loving your neighbor… Loving others brings God glory and is evidence of the Holy Spirit’s work in us.
Seymour FBC is currently focusing on the ministry vision: Serving God, Serving Others. Various ministry areas are making preparations to serve in the community. We look forward to sharing the good news of Christ as the Handbell Choir, Golden Tones Senior Choir, Women’s Voices of Praise, Men’s Quartet, and others pack up and head off campus.
Each week a rehearsal notes page is distributed with the night’s rehearsal order, rough spots to work on, and notes on upcoming services. To report a prayer request, fill out a prayer slip or enter it on the clip board to have it included in the weekly prayer list handed out before prayer at the end of rehearsal.
The Worship Ministry newsletter is your link to all activities related to worship at Seymour FBC. Issues run bi-monthly (Sep-May) and usually ready at the first of the month. Missed it? Copies are always in the choir room and may be mailed to physical addresses upon request. To get an email version, contact the church office at 865-577-1954, ext. 114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.