Connecting the community with Christ.
The entire congregation, including our pastors and staff. full time ministers & staff.
First Baptist Church of Seymour was begun in 1893 with 33 charter members from four area churches. In 1897, seventy-seven members moved into the first church building located on the property now owned by Harrison-Chilhowee Academy (King’s Academy). Missionary work started in 1894 that grew into the Women’s Missionary Society by 1904. Mission emphasis continues to be an important part of Seymour FBC.
The church moved into a new building at the corner of Boyd’s Creek Highway and Smothers Road in the late 1940’s. In 1972, a new sanctuary building was built next to the old facility. In 1974, services began being held in the new building while using the old building for education and fellowship space.
The 30 acres of land now occupied by Seymour FBC began being developed in 1989. We held our first service in our current building on October 23, 1994 after a victory walk from our old facility. Our current facilities have enabled us to reach out to this growing community of Seymour, Tennessee.
We celebrate our past and look forward to a glorious future of sharing the good news of Jesus Christ.
Seymour First Baptist Church is an independent church that has chosen to affiliate with three groups of churches for the purpose of combining our efforts and resources for more effective mission work. We are affiliated with: the Sevier County Baptist Association, the Tennessee Baptist Convention and the Southern Baptist Convention